Using the Map Feature display, you can manage your map features by changing the visibility of features and layers, renaming layers, moving features or layers around, deleting features or layers, or modifying specific layers' properties (such as default icon, locking the layer, etc.).
To access the Map Feature display you must go through Map View for the specific map as there is no global database of Map Features on Android,
Adjust map feature visibility
To adjust Map Feature visibility, long press on any layer within the Map Features List to bring up the edit view. Once the edit view is enabled, tap the 3 dot menu into the top right corner, and select 'Toggle Visibility'. This will turn the visibility for that layer on/off and can be repeated for other layers.
If you want to toggle specific features within a layer, rather than the entire layer, before entering the edit state, tap the Layer to see a list of available features. Once this list is displayed, long press on the feature you want to adjust visibility for, tap the 3 dot menu icon in the top right corner, and 'Toggle Visibility' on/off.
Adding a layer
To add a layer, with the Map Features open, tap the floating action button (3 line icon), then the Add Layer icon. Rename the layer as desired, and select OK. A new layer will be added. Please note, that this layer, by default, will not be the active layer for data collection. To specify which layer to be the active layer, please see 'Layer Settings' below. Layers can be nested (layer within a layer).
To view or change the Layer Settings, long press on a layer within the Map Features screen to enable the edit view. Once the edit view is enabled, tap the edit icon (pencil). This will take you to the 'Edit Layer screen. From here you can rename the layer, lock it (prevents it from being deleted), set the default icon and track color, add an attribute schema, as well as set the layer to be the current layer for data collection.
Moving a map feature or layer
To move a map feature or entire layer to another layer:
- Long press on a layer or map feature(s) you want to move to select it.
- Tap the Move icon.
- In the layer tree, tap the layer you would like to move the feature(s) to
- You will be asked if you want the destination layer's styles to be applied to the new features
- If you select Yes, the features will be moved and will take on the new styling for the destination layer
- If you select No, the features will be moved but will keep their original styling
Deleting a map feature or layer
Deleting the layer will completely delete it from the device and can't be undone. To delete a map feature or folder:
- Long press on a layer or map feature(s) to select it.
- Tap the action overflow icon (3 dot icon in the top right corner), then tap Delete.
- In the warning message, tap Yes to delete.