Map features, such as placemarks, tracks, lines, and areas (as of v3.3) can be exported for use in another device, or GIS software. At this time, Map Features must be exported per map and cannot be exported for multiple maps at a time. To export Map Features, you must open the map that has features you want to export. Once the map is open, tap the Map Features icon located next to the wrench (see image below) to open the Map Features List.
Once the Map Features List is displayed, tap the Menu icon in the lower right corner to reveal the available options (Import Map Features, Export Map Features, Add Layer). Select Export Map Features.
On the Export Map Features screen, you can specify export settings to suit your requirements.
You can export with the following options:
- Filename - By default this will use the name of the map but can be changed to something more appropriate if required
- Export Format - Currently we support exporting data as KML/KMZ, CSV, GPX, and Shapefile*. Please note that if wanting to reimport the data into Avenza Maps, data must be exported as either KML/KMZ or Shapefile*
- Send-To (Destination) - This is where the data will be sent to. Options include:
- Device Storage (internal or SD card)
- Media Size - This option is valid for data that has images attached to it, and if the appropriate data type is selected (KML/KMZ, or Shapefile*). The Media Size options available are:
- No Image
- Export Visible Only - This option allows you to only export features that are visible. It is an ideal way to only export certain layers or features if required
- Export - This option will export the data and schema using the settings you designated
- Export Schema Only - This option will only export the attribute schema (no map features). Please note that in order to use this option, the format must be KML/KMZ to be used in the app again
*Shapefile support is available in the Pro version only.