Map Features can be:
- Placemarks (added or imported)
- Lines (from measuring or imported)
- Areas (from measuring or imported)
- GPS Tracks
To see the map features for a map, tap the Map Features icon with the Map View open.
A list of features linked to the map is shown. Starting in version 3.3, map features exist in one layer by default. This means that areas, lines, placemarks, and tracks will all exist in the same layer and are no longer divided based on feature type. The layer thumbnail in blue is considered the active layer - any additional map features (areas, lines, placemarks, or tracks) added to the map are placed on that layer.
On the Map Features screen, there are several actions you can take:
- Import Map Features - allows you to add Map Features from existing layers, iTunes File Sharing, Dropbox, and URL links
- Export Map Features - allows you to export Map Features in a variety of formats
- Search Map Features - allows you to find a specific Map Feature and the map it is on
- Edit Map Features
- Add Layer
- Move Layer