Map features, such as placemarks, tracks, lines, and areas can be exported for use in another device, or GIS software. At this time, Map Features must be exported per map and cannot be exported for multiple maps at a time. To export Map Features, you must open the map that has features you want to export. Once the map is open, tap the Map Features icon located next to the wrench (see image below) to open the Map Features list.
Once the Map Features list is displayed, tap the Export icon (shown below) to open the Export Map Features screen.
On the Export Setting screen, you can specify export settings to suit your requirements.
You can export with the following options:
- Filename - By default this will use the name of the map but can be changed to something more appropriate if required
- Send-To (destination) - This is where the data will be exported to. Options include:
- Email (which allows you to select the email client, or another software available on your device that can accept the file - e.g. Google Drive)
- iTunes File Sharing
- AirDrop - This option is the only one available that allows you to use Bluetooth to transfer data and custom maps between users. This requires both users to have the same version of Avenza Maps installed
- Export Format - Currently we support exporting data as KML/KMZ, CSV, GPX, and Shapefile*. Please note that if you are wanting to reimport the data into Avenza Maps, data must be exported as either KML/KMZ or Shapefile*.
- Media Size - This option is valid for data that has images attached to it, provided the appropriate format is selected (KML/KMZ or Shapefile*). The Media Size options available are:
- No Image
- Data - This option will allow you to select the specific layers you would like to export from a map, as well as customize the export options if using AirDrop (features + map, map only, features only)
- Export - Tapping this will begin the export process and allow you to select/navigation to the appropriate destination based on the Send-To location picked. Please note that if exporting large amounts of data (lots of images for example), the export process can take some time. If exporting to any source that requires an internet connection, please ensure it is a solid connection to prevent data loss.