Avenza Maps has several tools to let you interact with maps.
- Find by Coordinates - Find a location on the map by simply entering known coordinates
- Plot Photos - Allows you to plot already geotagged photos without the need for a placemark (uses the geotagged photos as reference for the placemark)
- Record GPS Tracks - While enabled, this will record a GPS track of where you travel within the Map View
- Measure Distance or Area - Allows you to draw, measure and save a line, or draw and measure an area (currently cannot save areas)
- Open View in Google Maps - Allows you to see the current map view in Google Maps (ideal for local navigation, or searching for certain features/amenities)