An attribute schema defines an attribute, its name, its type, and associated properties such as an optional pick list.
To edit an attribute schema, go to the Edit Map Feature screen, scroll to the Attributes section and tap the Edit icon.
On the Edit Folder/Attribute Schema screen, tap the + icon to add a new attribute. You can specify the attribute name, its type, and add values to create a pick list.
Specify a name for the attribute.
Choose an attribute type:
- String: alphanumeric characters
- Boolean: yes or no values
- Real: numbers with decimal values
- Integer: whole numbers
Create a pick list to make data collection easier. They reduce the time and effort it takes to collect data by controlling the available choices, which will ultimately help improve the quality of your data.
To create a new pick list:
- Tap the + icon.
- Enter a new choice value.
- Tap Done.
To use the pick list in data collection:
- Setup the pick list for a layer.
- Add a placemark, line, or track.
- Go to the Edit Map Feature screen.
- In the Attributes section, tap the pick list.
- Tap a pick list choice.
- Close the map feature information screen.