Users will be able to import an unlimited number of their own maps, however, only 3 maps will be able to use the tools contained within Avenza Maps (location, placemark creation, tracking, etc.). Users without a subscription (Plus or Pro), will see two new map statuses introduced - Active and Inactive.
Active maps refer to those maps that can be used with the Avenza Maps toolset. In the event that you had more than 3 maps imported (non-Map Store maps), the most recent 3 maps are considered 'Active'.
Inactive maps refer to those maps that cannot be used with the Avenza Maps toolset. This status occurs if you have more than 3 imported maps (non-Map Store maps), and do not have an active subscription (Plus or Pro). You will continue to be able to view these types of maps, as well as import them, however, you will not be able to locate yourself, create placemarks, or record tracks. If you had any Map Features (placemarks, tracks, etc.) on an Inactive map, you will be able to export these features, however, new features cannot be added until the map becomes Active. If you wish to have Inactive maps become Active, you will need to either purchase a subscription (Plus or Pro) to unlock the ability to use the Avenza tools with all maps or remove the currently Active maps to allow some Inactive maps to shift into Active status.
To Import a Map
On the My Maps screen, tap the Add icon ('+') followed by "Download or import a map" to import a map. You can import a map from any of the following sources:
- Get a map from the store
- Request a map
- QR Code
- From Device Storage
- From Dropbox (if Legacy option is enabled in Settings, as of 3.6)
- From Storage Locations
- http:// (web/custom URL scheme)
Get a map from the store
Opens the Avenza Map Store where you can get free maps as well as purchase maps. Learn more about the Avenza Map Store.
Request a map
This option will allow you to contact us and request a map not currently found in the map store. Please provide as much detail as possible about the desired map, and if you have a web link available for the map wanted, please provide that as well.
Avenza Maps features a built-in QR code reader that allows you to import maps by scanning QR codes displayed on signs, posters, maps or the web.
- Tap the QR Code icon in the top right corner.
- If this is the first time you are using the app, you will need to allow the app access to the device camera.
- Scan the QR code.
From Device Storage
You can load maps from your device's storage (internal memory or memory card).
- Tap From Device Storage
- Tap a map you want to import.
As of v3.6, users can import maps from any cloud storage app they have installed on their device. To import from Dropbox directly (instead of choosing 'Storage Locations') please enable the 'Enable Dropbox (Legacy)' option in the Settings > General options.
Dropbox is a cloud storage solution for all your photos, docs, videos, and files. Maps stored on your Dropbox can be imported to Avenza Maps.
Note: You must have a separate Dropbox account (free to create) if you wish to sync Avenza Maps with Dropbox.
- Tap From Dropbox.
- Confirm that you want to connect to Dropbox.
- Enter your login credentials or tap Allow (if you're already logged into Dropbox).
- Tap to select which maps you want to import, then tap Import
From Storage Locations
As of v3.6, users can import maps from any cloud storage app they have installed on their device.
- Tap From Storage Locations.
- Navigate to the app you'd like to import from (Google Drive, OneDrive, etc).
- Login if required.
- Tap the map you'd like to import.
http:// (web/custom URL scheme)
Enter a URL of a compatible georeferenced map. The map will automatically download to your device.
Enter a custom URL scheme (pdfmaps:// or avenzamaps://) to open the desired map file in the app. For example, add the prefix to a map in the following format:
After adding a prefix simply share the URL via email or message and click the link. The link will automatically open in Avenza Maps and the import of the map will begin. If the person opening the link does not have Avenza Maps installed, they will be prompted to install the app.
Please note that in order to force the direct download from some sources (e.g. Dropbox), the web address may need to be modified. Please contact Avenza Support using the contact form if you run into any problems.
Note: Some devices, carriers, and email clients do not support this format or have size restrictions.
Supported Map Formats
Avenza Maps supports the following formats for custom imported maps:
- Geospatial PDF (.pdf) - A PDF embedded with geographic information
- TerraGo GeoPDF (.pdf) - A PDF embedded with geographic information. GeoPDF is a proprietary format of TerraGo
- GeoTIFF (.tiff, .tif) - A GeoTIFF is a TIFF file embedded with geographic information
- JPG (.jpg) - A JPG is an image file that must be packaged with either a TFW & PRJ or JGW & WKT in a ZIP file
- Avenza Maps File (.avenzamaps, .pdfmaps) - A format used to import multiple custom maps at once (such as for a folder or map collection). For more information, please see .Avenzamaps Files
- Custom Scheme (avenzamaps://, pdfmaps://) - Creates a clickable link that can be shared via email, messaging, etc. and will automatically prompt Avenza Maps to open when clicked.