Users can access and manage Map Features using both the Map View and the Layers tab.
Besides viewing features, users are able to:
- Import Map Features - allows you to choose the source location of the file, import schema only, as well as link the layer to a specific map on import (please see Importing Map Features for more details)
- Export Map Features - allows you to choose the format and destination for export, as well as options to export specific layers, or all layers at once (please see Exporting Map Features for more details)
- Add Layer - allows you to create a blank data layer for future data collection or organization purposes
- Search Map Features or Layers - allows you to find a specific feature or layer
- Edit/Delete Map Features or Layers - allows you to move, rename, change symbology/styling, add attributes, change the active layer (available from the Map View only), and link/unlink the layer to/from additional maps
From both the Map Features list and Layers tab, users will see a menu icon in the lower right corner. Tapping this icon will reveal options to import or export map features. If accessed from the Map Features list, importing and exporting will only access layers associated with that specific map. If accessed from the Layers tab, all map features can be exported, and imported features can be associated with a specific map of the users choice, or simply imported into the Layers tab for linking to occur later.
For more information on Importing or Exporting features, please see the links above, or at the end of this article.
Link Layers (Map Features list only)
From within the Map Features list (accessible through the Map View), users can link additional Map Features to a map.
Adding a layer
To add a blank data layer from either the Map Features list or Layers tab:
- Tap the '+' icon at the top of the screen
- Rename the layer as desired
- Select OK
**Please note, that this layer, by default, will not be the active layer for data collection. To specify which layer to be the active layer, please see 'Editing Layers' below.
Searching Map Features
To search for specific map features, or a layer, users can tap the magnifying glass icon from both the Map Features list or Layers tab. From there, users can search the feature, layer, or map name to locate them quickly and efficiently.
Editing Map Features or Layers
This section details all the editing options available for both map features and layers. Some options are only available from within the Map Features list and will be emphasized as required.
Editing individual map features
To access individual map feature details, there are three options available:
- Access from the Layers tab
- Access from the Map Features list (within the Map View)
- Access from the Map View directly
To edit/view map feature details from the Layers tab or Map Features list, please see the steps below:
- From the Layers tab or Map Features list (available within the Map View), tap the layer that contains the features you wish to see or edit
- Long press on the desired feature
- Select the pencil icon (Edit) located on the toolbar at the top of the screen
To edit/view map feature details directly from the Map View, please see the steps below:
- Open the map that has the feature(s) you wish to see
- Tap on the feature on the Map View to show the feature label
- Tap the '>' icon on the feature label to display the feature details
To edit entire layers from the Maps View list
- Open the map that has a layer you wish to edit
- Tap Map Features (next to the wrench)
- Long press on the layer you wish to edit
- Select the pencil icon (Edit) to edit the layer. From within this section, you can rename the layer, change the default symbology, set the active layer (tap "Set to Current Layer" to enable), as well as set attributes for the layer.
To edit layers from the Layers tab:
- Open the Layers tab
- Long press on the layer you wish to edit
- Select the pencil icon (Edit) to edit the layer
Moving a map feature or layer
To move a map feature or entire layer to another layer:
- Long press on a layer or map feature(s) you want to move to select it.
- Tap the Move icon.
- In the layer tree, tap the layer you would like to move the feature(s) to
- You will be asked if you want the destination layer's styles to be applied to the new features
- If you select Yes, the features will be moved and will take on the new styling of the destination layer
- If you select No, the features will be moved but will keep their original styling
Adjust layer visibility
To adjust Layer visibility (on or off) from within the Map Features list or Layers tab:
- Long press on any layer until 'Edit' mode is enabled (orange toolbar at the top of the screen)
- Tap the 3 dot menu into the top right corner
- Select 'Toggle Visibility' to turn the layer on or off
Deleting a map feature or layer
When deleting features from the map view, you will be asked to confirm if you want to delete the feature/layer completely, or simply unlink it from the map. If unlinking from the map, the features will still be available on the Layers tab. If deleting permanently, the features will no longer be available. When deleting from the Layers tab, the features are deleted permanently.
To delete/unlink a map feature or layer:
- Long press on a layer or map feature(s) to select it.
- Tap the action overflow icon (3 dot icon in the top right corner), then tap Delete.
- In the warning message, tap Unlink or Delete.
Editing options available
Once you access the Edit Placemark dialog, there are several options available to you. Some options are editable, while others are for information purposes only. The list below details the options available, as well as whether you can edit it or not.
- Location (only editable/viewable from the Map Features list)